Nashville, TN. – The Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS) announced today new officers and board members for 2013-2014. Charles A. Vice, Commissioner of the Kentucky Department of Financial Institutions, was elected Chairman of the Board. The announcement follows a meeting of the Board of Directors held in conjunction with the CSBS State-Federal Supervisory Forum in Nashville, Tennessee.
Newly-installed officers, who comprise the Executive Committee, include:
• Chairman: Kentucky Commissioner of Financial Institutions Charles A. Vice.
• Chairman-Elect: Arkansas State Bank Commissioner Candace A. Franks
• Vice Chairman: Massachusetts Commissioner of Banks David J. Cotney.
• Secretary: Arizona Superintendent of Financial Institutions Lauren Kingry.
• Treasurer: Texas Banking Commissioner Charles G. Cooper.
• Immediate Past Chairman: Tennessee Commissioner of Financial Institutions Greg Gonzales.
Commissioners representing the CSBS Districts are:
• District I – Connecticut Banking Commissioner Howard F. Pitkin.
• District II – Indiana Director of the Department of Financial Institutions David H. Mills.
• District III – North Carolina Commissioner of Banks Ray Grace.
• District IV – South Dakota Banking Director Bret Afdahl.
• District V – California Commissioner of Financial Institutions Teveia R. Barnes.
At-large Board Members are:
• Montana Commissioner of Financial Institutions Melanie G. Hall.
• Wisconsin Commissioner of Financial Institutions Peter J. Bildsten.
Other members of the CSBS Board of Directors include:
• Bankers Advisory Board Co-Chairman: Ohio Superintendent of Financial Institutions Charles J. Dolezal.
• CSBS Legislative Committee Chairman: West Virginia Commissioner of Banking Sara M. (Sally) Cline.
• CSBS Regulatory Committee Chairman: Washington Department of Financial Institutions, Division Director Richard Riccobono.
• Chairman of the Foreign Bank Regulatory Committee: New York Department of Financial Services, Executive Deputy Superintendent Gaurav Vasisht.
• Chairman of the State Supervisory Processes Committee: Wyoming Division of Banking Commissioner Albert L. Forkner.
• Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the CSBS Education Foundation: Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities, Executive Deputy Secretary Victoria A. Reider.
• Chairman of the State Regulatory Registry LLC Board of Managers: North Dakota Commissioner of Financial Institutions Robert J. Entringer.
• Chairman of the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) State Liaison Committee: Massachusetts Commissioner of Banks David J. Cotney.*
Chairmen Emeritus, who serve as ex-officio members of the CSBS Board, include:
• Louisiana Commissioner of Financial Institutions John P. Ducrest. *
• Wyoming Department of Audit Director Jeffrey C. Vogel.*
• Virginia Commissioner of Financial Institutions E. Joseph Face Jr.*
• Oklahoma State Banking Commissioner Mick Thompson.*
• Idaho Department of Finance Director Gavin M. Gee.*
• Utah Commissioner of the Department of Financial Institutions G. Edward Leary.*
* denotes non-voting members