CSBS Announces Winners of 2020 Graduate Banking Scholarships
The CSBS Education Foundation is awarding graduate school of banking scholarships to three outstanding state regulators who have demonstrated excellence in their careers.
Zachery Ball of the Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services, Jesse Bruce of the Louisiana Office of Financial Institutions and Brad Pesicka of the South Dakota Division of Banking were selected as this year's recipients. Scholarship winners will receive up to $9,000 for attendance at a graduate school of banking of their choice.
A runner-up scholarship is also awarded by the Graduate School of Banking in Colorado for $1,460 per year of attendance to their school, up to $4,380 for three years. This scholarship is awarded to Jennifer Mendoza of the Florida Office of Financial Regulation.
About the Competition
In 1972, the Board of Directors of CSBS authorized a program to reward outstanding and deserving examiners who demonstrate excellence in their work by supporting their attendance at the graduate banking or graduate trust school of their choice.
The program is designed to:
- Encourage and assist qualified bank and trust examiners to prepare themselves for expanded duties and responsibilities in their banking departments
- Broaden the examiner’s understanding of banking or trust operations
- Encourage excellence in bank and trust examination
- Provide the opportunity for State Bank Supervisors to recognize their outstanding examiners
- Raise the level of proficiency of state banking departments
CSBS will announce when the 2021 scholarships are open for applications later this year.
Feb 27, 2020
Feb 26, 2020
Feb 20, 2020
Feb 19, 2020
State Financial Regulators Launch Nationwide Technology Platform to Examine Fintechs and Other Nonbanks
Feb 19, 2020