SAVANNAH, Ga. – The Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS) announced today new officers and board members for 2012-2013. Greg Gonzales, Commissioner of the Tennessee Department of Financial Institutions, was elected Chairman of the Board. The announcement follows a meeting of the Board of Directors held in conjunction with the CSBS State-Federal Supervisory Forum in Savannah, Georgia.
Newly-installed officers, who comprise the Executive Committee, include:
• Chairman: Tennessee Commissioner of Financial Institutions Greg Gonzales.
• Chairman-Elect: Kentucky Commissioner of Financial Institutions Charles A. Vice.
• Vice Chairman: Arkansas State Bank Commissioner Candace A. Franks.
• Secretary: Massachusetts Commissioner of Banks David J. Cotney.
• Treasurer: Texas Banking Commissioner Charles G. Cooper.
• Immediate Past Chairman: Louisiana Commissioner of Financial Institutions John P. Ducrest.
Commissioners representing the CSBS Districts are:
• District I – Maine Superintendent of the Bureau of Financial Institutions Lloyd P. LaFountain, III.
• District II – Indiana Director of the Department of Financial Institutions David H. Mills.
• District III – Alabama Superintendent of Banks John D. Harrison.
• District IV – South Dakota Banking Director Bret Afdahl.
• District V – Oregon Administrator of the Division of Finance and Corporate Securities David C. Tatman.
At-large Board Members are:
• New York State Department of Financial Services Superintendent Benjamin Lawsky.
• Utah Department of Financial Institutions Commissioner G. Edward Leary.
Other members of the CSBS Board of Directors include:
• Bankers Advisory Board Co-Chairman: Iowa Superintendent of Banking James M. Schipper.
• CSBS Legislative Committee Chairman: Washington Department of Financial Institutions Director Scott Jarvis.
• CSBS Regulatory Committee Chairman: Maryland Commissioner of Financial Regulation Mark Kaufman.
• Chairman of the Foreign Bank Regulatory Committee: Connecticut Banking Commissioner Howard F. Pitkin.
• Chairman of the State Supervisory Processes Committee: Iowa Bank Bureau Chief Vaughn M. Noring.
• Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the CSBS Education Foundation: Wyoming Department of Audit Director Jeffrey C. Vogel.
• Chairman of the State Regulatory Registry LLC Board of Managers: North Dakota Commissioner of Financial Institutions Robert J. Entringer.
• Chairman of the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) State Liaison Committee: Nebraska Director of Banking and Finance John Munn.*
• Bankers Advisory Board Co-Chairman, Banker: Farmers State Bank President and CEO Joseph G. Pierce.*
Chairmen Emeritus, who serve as ex-officio members of the CSBS Board, include:
• Idaho Department of Finance Director Gavin M. Gee.*
• Virginia Commissioner of Financial Institutions E. Joseph Face Jr.*
• Utah Commissioner of the Department of Financial Institutions G. Edward Leary.*
• Oklahoma State Banking Commissioner Mick Thompson.*
• Wyoming Department of Audit Director Jeffrey C. Vogel.*
* denotes non-voting members