35 Teams Enter 2021 CSBS Community Bank Case Study Competition
Thirty-five student teams representing 29 colleges and universities will conduct an original case study in partnership with a local community bank for the 2021 Community Bank Case Study Competition.
This is the seventh year of the competition, which is open to undergraduate students in all fields of study as an opportunity to gain valuable first-hand knowledge of the banking industry. This year, students will write about how their partner community bank addressed two seismic social events in 2020: the Covid-19 pandemic and nationwide calls to improve diversity, inclusion, and economic fairness.
The student teams will undergo three rounds of judging over the coming month. The top three teams will be announced July 15 on the CSBS YouTube channel and via our Twitter feed (@CSBSNews).
The overall winner of the competition will also present its work to federal and state regulators, academics and industry stakeholders at the Community Banking in the 21st Century Research and Policy Conference. Finalists are published in the annual Journal of Community Bank Case Studies.
Student teams participating in the 2021 Community Bank Case Study Competition attend the following colleges and universities:
- Arkansas State University (two teams)
- Bloomsburg University
- Central Connecticut State University
- Grove City College
- Iowa State University
- James Madison University
- Juniata College
- Kansas State University
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania (three teams)
- LaSalle University
- Mansfield University
- Marquette University
- Merrimack College
- Messiah University
- Michigan State University
- Mississippi State University
- Montana State University (three teams)
- Morehead State University
- Muhlenberg College
- Rosemont College (two teams)
- Southeastern Louisiana University
- Sterling College
- Temple University
- Texas Tech University
- The Ohio State University
- The University of Tennessee at Martin
- University of Arkansas
- University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
- University of Southern Mississippi
- York College of Pennsylvania
Learn more at www.csbs.org/bankcasestudy.
Subscribe to CSBS
Stay up to date with the CSBS newsletter