Community Bankers See Expanded Operations, Lower Profitability in 2022
Community bankers are slightly more optimistic about future business conditions and the economic outlook than they were at the end of last year but are more concerned about future profitability than at any point since the pandemic began, according to the most recent Community Bank Sentiment Index (CBSI).
"States of the Economy" is a monthly look at the economic picture across the country. In this episode CSBS Senior Economist Tom Siems and host Matt Longacre discuss what the latest inflation and jobs numbers, business confidence measures and more are telling us about the current trajectory of the U.S. economy.
- 0:24 -The State of the Economy
- 2:12 - Quantitative Tightening?
- 4:05 - The Community Bank Sentiment Index
- 5:55 - Hopes and Concerns for Community Bankers
- 8:43 - Low Profitability Expectations
- 10:25 - Other Important Economic Indicators
Subscribe to CSBS
Stay up to date with the CSBS newsletter