The Advanced Commercial Credit Analysis School is designed to provide a high level of skill development for rapidly and effectively evaluating the repayment ability of a commercial business. It is not about assessing the quality of collateral that supports a loan, but about understanding the borrower's ability to repay a loan.
Classroom-based learning featuring case studies and limited lectures; OJT
Upon completion of this course, attendees are able to:
- Analyze and communicate the critical income statement analysis issues to include revenue growth, sustainability of EBITDA, and overall quality of earnings.
- Evaluate the financial position of a firm to include liquidity, working capital and leverage analysis.
- Construct both an indirect and EBITDA based cash flow statement and evaluate the results to include various cash flow coverage ratios.
- Develop appropriate capital structures based on the forecasted cash flow and the overall debt capacity of the company.
- Identify the key credit risks and associated mitigating factors related to an underwriting transaction.
- Evaluate both the primary and secondary sources of repayment.
- Structure a transaction to protect the sources of repayment, while consistent with market standards.
- Communicate a logical underwriting rational to support a senior debt opportunity.
- Pre-Course Requirement: approximately 8 to 12 hours
- Resident Session: 4 days
Examiners who have experience reviewing commercial loans that vary in complexity and size.
Please view our Calendar of Events to register.
Questions? Please contact Katie Hoyle (firstname.lastname@example.org).