The objectives of the CCI designation are to:
- Recognize the specialized knowledge, skills, and abilities of individuals who provide instruction at CSBS, state, or federal training programs
- Encourage continued professional development in the areas of adult education, course development, instructional design, and tech-based training innovation
- Enhance and maintain the quality of job performance and skill level of those who provide training to state agency and federal examiners
Candidates for the CCI designation must provide evidence of the following:
- Service as instructor at a minimum of four courses and/or programs, with at least one occurring within the preceding three years
- Active involvement in maintenance and/or development of course content is required.
- Completion of course requirements for CSBS bank safety and soundness certifications (COE, CCE, and CEIC); may substitute instructor training provided by CSBS or third- party/industry entity*.
- Expertise in area of instruction must be outlined in the certification application and demonstrated through certification, core education, professional development, and/or experience in the field.
- CSBS certification in the same area for which instruction is provided; waivable at discretion of Certification Committee if significant expertise is demonstrated.
*Pre-approval by Certification Committee must be granted.
Supervisor Ratings & Attestation
Attestation of successful job performance and mastery of appropriate job-related skills by the candidate's direct supervisor is required. All attestations shall be considered final once signed.
Attestation as to a candidate's skill will be supported by a defined response section of the application that outlines the necessary and appropriate skills. A high degree of reliance is placed on the attestation of the applicant's supervisor when granting certification. For that reason, the individual providing ratings and narrative support to an application should be familiar with the applicant's experience, performance, and skills/abilities, and confident that the applicant meets all requirements.
The attestation section of the application addresses the following competencies:
- Demonstrates a profound knowledge of the subject matter under instruction
- Applies instructional design best practices to course development
- Establishes clear learning objectives
- Ability to analyze and assess tech-based training options
- Embraces adult learning
- Focuses on learning outcomes
- Understands the benefits of continuous learning
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Able to establish meaningful connections with students
Holders of the CCI designation are required to submit 40 continuing education hours (CEHs) and serve as an instructor at least once during the three-year term of certification in order to renew a certification. If the CEH requirement is exceeded, up to 14 hours may be carried over into the new three-year term. Continuing education should be selected with the goal of maintaining, improving, or expanding the instructor’s knowledge, skills, and abilities in mind.