The Conference of State Bank Supervisors (“CSBS”) is committed to maintaining the privacy of your personal information. The following discloses our policy for gathering and disseminating information for this web site. If you have any questions about your rights as a user of this service, you can reach us through our site administrator, David Rodgers, at email@example.com.
- The information we collect and how we use it;
- Your right to access or update your personally identifiable information;
- Your right to opt-out of receiving communications from us; and
- Our pledge to have reasonable security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control.
Information We Collect
CSBS collects two types of information about you when you visit our site: personal information (including, by way of example only, your name, address, employer, title, telephone number and e-mail address and non-personal, aggregate information (such as information regarding the pages on our site that you have visited and your IP address).
1. Personally Identifiable Information
The only personally identifying information that we collect and store about you is the information that you have chosen to provide to us. For example, if you wish to register for an event advertised on our site, we will have to collect your personal information to respond to your request. Additionally, if you wish to register on the CSBS web site, you will be required to submit your personal information. If you send us an e-mail requesting information about CSBS or otherwise ask us a question, we may collect your name, address, e-mail address and other personal information so that we can respond to your request or question. We may also from time to time send you email and postal mail correspondence regarding products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
Furthermore, if you choose to enroll in an event or purchase services from the CSBS web site, we will collect your credit card number, expiration date and security code.
2. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We collect and use non-personally identifiable information about you in the following ways:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address or the proxy address of your Internet Service Provider (e.g. AOL, CompuServe, Comcast, etc.);
- The resource on the CSBS server accessed as a result of the request, such as the web page, image, etc.;
- The query in the request;
- The name and version of your web browser;
- The content of any sent or received cookie, as defined below;
- The Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that was accessed before making the request for CSBS’s web server.
Some parts of the CSBS Web site may use a “cookie” – a file placed on your computer hard drive allowing the CSBS server to log the pages accessed in the CSBS site to determine if you have visited before. This cookie captures no personally identifying information. You can set your browser to warn you when placement of a cookie is requested, and decide whether or not to accept it. By rejecting a cookie some of the features available on the site may not function properly.
Sharing Your Information With Third Parties
1. Disclosure of Information by CSBS
We share your personal information with any affiliates, partners, agents or other parties whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to share your information in this manner, please see the “CHOICE” section below. CSBS also reserves the right to disclose your personal and non-personal information if CSBS reasonably believes it is required to do so by law; to protect itself or to protect the rights of another user; to reduce risk of credit or other kind of fraud; or to comply with a court order.
CSBS may also share your personally and non-personally identifiable information with third parties that help manage our web site and databases, order fulfillment and shipping, credit card processing companies and with our third party affiliates, partners and sponsors.
Though we may also from time to time share your personal information with third parties for research and development purposes, we will not sell your personal information to any third parties, other than as specifically disclosed in this policy.
Finally, in the unlikely event that CSBS ever becomes insolvent and seeks protection under the Bankruptcy laws, CSBS may share or sell your personal information and non-personal information with a third party that intends to continue the business.
From time to time, we might offer chat rooms or posting boards. Keep in mind that if you choose to post information in any chat rooms or on any posting boards, you may be revealing your personal information to the public. If you do not wish for your personal information to be disclosed to the public, you should not include any personal information in your postings, or you should refrain from using the chat rooms or posting boards. By using the CSBS chat rooms or posting boards, you acknowledge that CSBS has no control over what third parties may do with that information.
2. Third Party Links
Notification of Changes
Choices Available to the User
CSBS provides the following choices regarding the use of your information.
- You may choose not to provide us with any personal information.
- You may set your browser to not accept cookies, or to warn you when a cookie is being placed on your computer. If you choose not to accept cookies, however, your ability to navigate this web site may be hindered.
- If you would like to unsubscribe to any of our services or would like us to remove you from any of our on-line mailing lists, please send an email to David Rodgers with the title "Unsubscribe" and give a brief explanation.
- You may access the personal information we have collected about you and correct any inaccuracies by loggin in and clicking on the "update profile" hyperlink.
- You may elect to not have your information shared. However, if you do not want for us to share your information with the parties mentioned above, please do not submit your personal information to the CSBS web site.
We make every effort to have reasonable security procedures in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control, including using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to collect and transmit your information. If you have any questions about the security of our Web site, please contact David Rodgers, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Policy Regarding Information from Children Under Thirteen
CSBS is not targeted to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any child under the age of 13 without parental consent. When we do receive such information, we delete it as soon as we discover it and we do not use it or share it with third parties.Effective Date: February 6, 2006