Why the Financial System Needs Appraisers
Jim Park, Executive Director, Appraisal Subcommittee
Greg Gonzales, Commissioner, Tennessee Department of Financial Institutions
Today, we discuss what appraisers do, why they matter, what it takes to become an appraiser and the challenges and opportunities facing the industry today.
- 0:13 - What is an appraiser?
- 2:00 - Why do some loan sales need an appraisal?
- 5:08 - Are there any other types of properties that regularly get appraisals?
- 7:23 - Do you need an appraisal for every land property sale?
- 8:35 - How does one become an appraiser?
- 13:10 - Who sets the standards for becoming an appraiser?
- 16:12 - What is the Appraisal Subcommittee
- 18:58 - Similarities of financial and appraiser supervision and
- 20:46 - Keeping up with the pace of appraisal demand
- 22:14 - How do state regulators interact with appraisers?
- 25:50 - The future of the appraisal industry
- 27:52 - The impact of technology on appraisals
- 31:25 - The impact of COVID on appraisals
- Press Releases
Aug 13, 2020
- Blog post
Jul 9, 2020
- External Link
Federal banking agencies to defer appraisals and evaluations for real estate transactions affected by COVID-19
Apr 15, 2020
Subscribe to CSBS
Stay up to date with the CSBS newsletter