Comments Requested: Prudential Standards for Non-Bank Mortgage Servicers
State regulators are seeking public input on proposed regulatory prudential standards for nonbank mortgage servicers, as the state-regulated industry covers an increasing share of this market. Public comments will help inform state regulators as we continue to develop a regulatory structure for nonbank servicers. Although we solicit your response to specific areas through the questions below, we are interested in any other observations you can provide on the standards. For each of your answers, please reference the section you are referring to and provide as much specificity and detail as will help us understand your observation. All comments will be made available on this page after the comment period closes.
The proposed standards aim to:
- Provide better protection for borrowers, investors and other stakeholders in the occurrence of a stress event that could result in harm;
- Enhance effective regulatory oversight and market discipline over these entities; and
- Improve transparency, accountability, risk management and corporate governance standards.
Comments are requested by December 31, 2020.
The materials for public consideration are as follows:
- Proposed Regulatory Prudential Standards for Nonbank Mortgage Servicers
- Questions to Prompt Public Comment
Please submit comments to PS.PublicComment@csbs.org.